Sunday, October 7, 2018

LISTENING TO THE BREAD


I'm here to talk about bread. And not just any bread, but "the best bread in the universe". Yep you guessed it, Dave's Killer Bread. People love this bread. If you don't believe me well here's the proof. From the opinions of 3,643 people, the company has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Facebook. Wendy Ramirez, a loyal customer and an active Facebook participant went as far as to say it is "the most soft, moist, delicious bread I've ever had!!!". I mean c'mon people she used three exclamation marks, the girl is not fibbing.

Dave's Killer Bread is non-GMO, organic, full of protein, fiber and whole grains, and doesn't contain anything artificial. I know it seems like I'm trying to sell you on this, but I've never actually had their bread. I'm just stating the facts. So, we know their bread is healthy and healthy is in, but what makes DKB remarkable?

One of the company's more popular slogans is "Buy a loaf, Change a life". Through its simplicity, this slogan reflects a much bigger agenda and some of the company's core values. DKB believes in second chance employment. They hire people with criminal backgrounds who are ready to change their lives for the better. They believe in second chances so much so that they created The DKB Foundation, which works to educate organizations on the importance of hiring this part of the population. 



A statistic from the DKB website reports that "a criminal record reduces the likelihood of a callback or a job offer by nearly 50%". So, as you can imagine getting others to see the value in giving second chances is no easy task. The company is risking a lot to stand up for something many others have unparalleled beliefs to. But do you become America's #1 organic bread brand by having the same ideas as everyone else? No.



People see the originality DKB brings to the market and agree with their call to action.Another Facebook review reads, "Thank you for supporting those who have done time. Good pay and steady employment can change everything". Here, we see an example of the recognition and support DKB receives from its customers. On this very review DKB replied, "AWESOME feedback Shannon, thanks for being such a killer fan!". This type of interaction is common with the company. Even with the occasional negative comment, DKB never fails to exude positivity and respect. What better way to market yourself, than with common decency and professionalism. Needless to say, with over 1 million followers, what DKB is doing works.



Here is an example of that persistent optimism and gratitude:


Before, I did the research I had no idea what Dave's Killer Bread represented. Now that I'm aware, I couldn't be more impressed. Not to mention the company is based in Milwaukie, Oregon. I'm even more proud to be an Oregonian than I was before. I think DKB sets a perfect precedent for brand management.  According to an article by Forbes the company's "social presence grew by 15% in 2017 with posts on second chance employment consistently outperforming other topic areas". If this statistic doesn't convince you then I don't know what will. Alright, I'm going to go try some DKB now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment